Amangwane Kosi Bay
Rustic heaven set in the dunes surrounding Kosi Bay’s lakes
This community camp is a rustic haven. A perfect base for intrepid travellers at the entrance to Kosi Bay.
The camp has evolved from simple dome tents to its current incarnation: Ten simple reed huts with canvas roofs strung out along the treeline.
The rustic reed and canvas chalets, each with twin beds and en-suite toilet and shower, are basic but comfortable.
Linen is provided, but guests are asked to bring their own beach towels and toiletries.See rates and factsheet
- Amangwane is located at the northernmost entrance to the iSimangaliso Wetland Park on the fringes of the Kosi Bay lake system along KwaZulu-Natal’s northern coastline.
- The camp is situated just outside the gate to Kosi Bay mouth,10 minutes drive by 4×4 to the beach
- 5 hours drive from Durban’s King Shaka Airport – 3 hours from Richards Bay Airport
- Less than 2 hours from the safari hub of Hluhluwe
- Amangwane is located just 10 minutes from the Mozambique border
Who it's for
- Active families
- Adventure travellers
- Visitors seeking a genuine South African experience
- Snorkel the unique river-reef at the estuary mouth
- Kayak the Kosi Bay lakes
- Whale watching (June – Sep)
- Turtle tours (Oct – March)
- Visit the traditional fish traps, spear your own dinner!
- Big 5 game drives in nearby Tembe Elephant Park
- Scuba dive in nearby Sodwana
- Scuba dive or swim with the dolphins in nearby Mozambique (visa required)
Good combined with...
- ~ Magdelvdw Cape Town Central, South Africa“Fantastic Family Holiday” Reviewed July 8, 2012 -Rustic camp with a big heart... Thank you Vusi & team for a wonderful holiday. We had the best time snorkelling in the akwarium and spent a week admiring the beautiful Kosi Bay lakes. We went spearfishing, did a canoe trip round the lakes, got chased by a hippo on a boat trip and spent a day in glorious Mozambique....