Kololo Game Reserve
Malaria-free and Fair Trade accredited safari destination
Kololo Game Reserve is a deluxe four-star lodge situated in the vast and varied terrain of the Waterberg Biosphere Reserve. With direct access onto neighbouring Welgevonden Game Reserve, this 3000 hectare private reserve offers superb value, quality accommodation and varied wildlife experiences.
Enjoy plains game on Kololo private reserve by vehicle, on foot or mountain bike as well as ‘big five’ game viewing in Welgevonden.
Versatile, affordable yet always of impeccable quality, Kololo’s range of accommodation options suits all budgets: the comfortable simplicity of the tented camp, luxury chalets ideal for honeymooners, a wheelchair accessible suite, family friendly 3 bed-roomed villas and the 2 bed-roomed Oom Piet homestead which offers a character historical home-from-home.
Premier option: 3 and 2 bedroomed Kings and Queens suites with private pool.
Guest areas and relaxation
Guests rendezvous for meals and relaxation in the restaurant, lounges, upper level bar and decked swimming pool of Kololo’s distinctive double-story main area with its great views across the open plains of Welgevonden.Kololo is one of the four “Pearls of Limpopo” – The circuit includes Leshiba Wilderness, Mopane Bush Lodge and Madi a Thavha Mountain Lodge.
Benefit from a 10% circuit discount when booking all four properties in combination.See rates and factsheet
Location and getting there
- Located on a private reserve in the heart of the UNESCO-proclaimed Waterberg Biosphere Reserve, Limpopo Province
- Easily accessible 3.5 hours drive from Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport
- 3.5 hours from Johanesburg in luxury bus
- 40 minutes by private flight from Johannesberg International
- Shares a boundary with direct access onto neighbouring Welgevonden Game Reserve
- 5 hours drive to Madi a Thavha or Leshiba Wilderness
- 6 hours drive to Mopane Bush Lodge
- Malaria free safari
- Honeymooners on a modest budget
- Multi-generation family reunions
- Wheelchair accessible safari
- Friends travelling together
- African Safari themed wedding or special event
- Small breakaway conference groups
- Activities on Kololo – see tabs on right
- Activities nearby – see tabs on right
- Open vehicle game drives viewing plains game such as giraffe, wildebeest, impala and zebra
- Guided and self-guided walking trails
- Mountain bike routes for all levels
- Bespoke programmes for groups such as Ranger Experience and photo workshops
- Family and kids programs
- 3 or 6 hour ‘big five’ Welgevonden game drives
- Horseback trails
- Game drive or walk in the Marakele National Park
- Hike the Rhenosterpoort Trail
- Visit the De Wildt Shingwedzi Cheetah Ranch
- Experience the Vaalwater township tour
- Unforgettable Waterberg Elephant Back Safari
Good combined with...
- ~ rsa - AustraliaWe have just returned from one month in South Africa, and had the fortune of staying in various game lodges, whilst on our travels. Kololo Game Reserve ranks as one of the best we stayed in. It was the only lodge that gave me the feeling, this is how I thought it would be !!