Leshiba Wilderness – Place of Dreams
A magical game reserve and hidden paradise
Find Leshiba Wilderness perched atop a plateau high up in the Soutpansberg Mountains, now a proclaimed UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
Be inspired by this hand-sculpted luxury lodge. It’s a holistic retreat, centre for indigenous knowledge and true celebration of Venda culture and artistic tradition.
Game viewing and attractions
Encounter rhino, giraffe, zebra, sable, brown hyena and antelope on game drives. Relax in the main area and watch game pass by on the plains below. Drink in the vitality of Venda culture. Travel back in time with a visit to ancient San rock art sites.
Horse-ride (intermediate and advanced) or choose from numerous self-guided walking trails. Swim in clear mountain rock pools on warm summer days.
5 cosy thatched cottages interconnect via funky courtyards in the Venda Village – a characterful collection of Venda-inspired buildings perched on the mountain’s edge.
2 very private luxury suites are perfect for romantics with plunge pools and great views of the game-rich plains below.
Additional accommodation options
- Northern Limpopo, in the Soutpansberg Mountains, now a proclaimed Biosphere Reserve
- 5 hours north of Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport
- 1.5 hours from the nearest airport at Polokwane
- 30 minutes from the quaint town of Louis Trichardt
- 30 minutes from Madi a Thavha Mountain Lodge
- 2 hours to Mopane Bush Lodge
- 5 hours from Kololo Game Reserve in the Waterberg
- 2 hours to the Pont Drift border post into Botswana
- 2 hours to the Zimbabwe border at Beit Bridge
8 bed self-catering Hamasha Bushcamp is surrounded by trees and nestled within a spectacular amphitheatre of high cliffs and mountains. Peaceful, private – Ideal for family reunions.
Leshiba Centre of Indigenous Knowledge
Sleeps up to 28 people in simple but comfortable rondavels with shared facilities. Perfect for yoga, photographers, birders or botanist groups. Also available as a unique conferencing centre.
Lie back on circular built-in seats with big comfortable cushions in the thatched dining room overlooking the valley. In front is a deck with a pool and fire pit linking the lounge and kitchen. Spot game on the plain below or plot the stars while chatting around the fire.Leshiba Wilderness is one of the four “Pearls of Limpopo” – The circuit is: Leshiba Wilderness, Kololo Game Reserve and Mopane and Madi A Thavha. An additional 10% reduction in cost is available for those booking all four properties in a circuit. See rates and factsheet
Who it's for
- Walkers, hikers
- First or repeat visitors to South Africa
- Niche groups: Horse-riders, photographers, yoga practitioners
- Couples seeking a magical wedding in Tolkein’s Forest
- Holistic retreat lovers
- Walking trails, guests wander freely amongst the rhino and other wildlife. Splash into rock pools in the summer
- Enjoy the lodge pool with views of the valley
- Champagne breakfasts
- Guided walks to Bushman rock art sites
- Game drives
- Mountain biking is permitted (bring your own bikes!)
- Horseback game-viewing
- Spa treatments using indigenous medicinal plants
Good combined with...
- FRIENDS, NATURE AND VALUE We will definitely return to this haven of nature. The views are spectacular, the game worth looking at and the staff are absolutely wonderful. The hiking trails were challenging but the experience breathtaking. Shhh. Do not tell too many people, I want to keep this gem to myself...~ Sonia088 Polokwane South Africa