St Lucia Kayak Safaris
Explore the estuary. mangroves and islands of St Lucia by kayak with experienced guides
On the eastern shores of the Lake you’ll discover hippos and crocs. Expert licensed guides take you along the less explored areas and highlight the fascinating wildlife of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Bird lovers are likely to encounter fish eagles, unique mudskippers and waterfowl.
Tours from 2 hours to full day experiences
Visit Honeymoon Bend – an old favourite! A short paddle on St Lucia Estuary.
Snorkel and sea kayak in the wilderness of Cape Vidal’s Catalina Bay, away from any roads and habitation.
The less adventurous can take boat cruises on the lake and game drives on the Eastern Shores of the wetland park. St Lucia Kayak Safaris are easy to include on any visit to Northern KwaZulu-Natal.
Wetland Park Group
St Lucia Kayak Safaris is pat of the Wetland Park Group, which includes Umkhumbi Lodge and Amangwane Kosi Bay.See rates and factsheet
- Northern KwaZulu-Natal, less than three hours drive from Durban’s King Shaka Airport
- Located on a private nature reserve 16km outside Hluhluwe town
- Thirty minutes from Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve
- Dive resorts Sodwana, Mkhuze Game Reserve and False Bay Park are an hour’s drive
Who it's for
- Families, particularly those that enjoy active, adventurous, outdoor pursuits
- Groups – Ideal for schools and colleges
- Perfect for a father & son adventure escape.
- Birders | snorkellers | Photographers
- Visitors looking for an African water safari adventure
- Kayaking in St Lucia Estuary, Cape Vidal and Ismangalisa’s eastern shore
- Water bird watching
- Snorkelling in the sea at Cape Vidal
- Boat cruises on the lake
- Games drives on the eastern shore of the Wetland Park