The THREE Boutique Hotel
Stylish luxury with expansive views over Table Mountain, Devil’s Peak and Lion’s head
Situated in the trendy Gardens district of Cape Town, The THREE exudes style and luxury. This landmark ‘blue-badge’ building, dating from the late 1700’s, has been beautifully re-imagined.
Table Mountain, Devil’s Peak and Lion’s Head, all visible from the courtyard and roof terrace give The THREE it’s name. A refreshing, private and affordable boutique hotel – the ideal base from which to experience Cape Town’s vibrancy and explore it’s wealth of activities and attractions.
Minimal, chic comfortable furnishings, tones of slate-gray and vintage white all blend in effortlessly to showcase this historical townhouse: A designers dream escape.
14 luxurious bedrooms with king-size or twin beds, crisp white cotton linen and fluffy towels. All bathrooms are en-suite with frameless rain-showers; 3 rooms with bath are available on request.
1 Studio suite fully equipped for catering, with the option to book the adjacent bedroom with connecting door. Ideal for a private family stay.
Each suite is contemporary and comfortable with air conditioning/heating, flat screen satellite TV, Free Wifi, tea and coffee.
A bar, guest lounge and breakfast room front onto the courtyard and swimming pool. Like so many of Cape Town’s boutique hotels, The THREE doesn’t try to compete with the city’s abundance of outstanding restaurants. Good evening meals can be found within walking distance – or take a taxi further afield. Ask Justin or Natalia for trusted recommendations.
Sit out and take in the view on the outside balcony. On hot days relax in the pool or grab a book and enjoy a cool drink on the stunning roof terrace with 360 degree panoramic views of Table Mountain, Devil’s Peak, Lion’s Head and the city bowl below.
- 16km from Cape Town International (20 to 40 minutes drive)
- 8 minutes drive to Table Mountain cable car
- 3 minutes walk to nearest restaurant
- 8 minutes walk to Gardens Shopping Centre
- 10 minutes drive to the V&A waterfront
- 45 minutes drive to Stellenbosch
- 1 hour drive to Franschhoek
- 1 hour drive to Cape Point
Activities and attractions
Take advantage of The THREE’s full concierge service. Justin and Natalia will book your theatre tickets, make restaurant reservations and provide advice and insight on where to go. A handy shuttle service is available for local pick-up and drop-off’s – useful for exploring without the hassle of finding car parking.
Tantalisingly visible from the hotel – you can ascend Table Mountain in under 3 hours via the Platteklip Gorge path, or take the rotating cable car and arrive at the top in 4 minutes – it’s free on your birthday!
Spend some time shopping and milling around the V&A Waterfront – a one-stop-shop for wining, dining, boat trips and shopping. Also the departure point for boat trips to Robben Island.
Here’s a link to the Cape Town tourist board’s suggestions. You’re spoilt for choice!See rates and factsheet
- Business visitors
- Style conscious travellers
- We couldn’t think of anyone who wouldn’t love The THREE!
- Explore Table Mountain – an easy 2.5hrs climb or take the cable car
- Shopping at the V&A Waterfront – shops, restaurants and boat trips
- Township tour – see a different perspective of life in South Africa
- Visit Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens – stroll around this oasis of peace
- Tour Cape Point – southernmost Africa – coastal towns, dramatic views, secret beaches
- Penguins at Boulder Point
- Chapman’s Peak Drive
Good combined with...
- “A wonderful start to a fabulous trip”Reviewed April 8, 2013We started our first visit to South Africa at The Three and what a fab starting point it was. Our room was very comfortable and nicely decorated, with little touches like the welcoming sherry. Justin and Daniel couldn't do enough to make recommendations and suggestions to make our visit to Cape Town just great. The ever-changing view of Table Mountain from the roof garden was an added bonus, as was the hotel taxi service in the evening which meant we didn't need to worry about the distance from the centre of town and the V&A Waterfront. Breakfast was excellent. A real family run hotel which we would highly recommend.~ MaureenM565, London UK